The United States is among the best tourist destinations throughout the world. The enchanting landscapes and various cultural resorts in this country will be sure to fascinate all the travelers from all over the world. However, before you are planning a nice trip there, you had better make sure that your holiday is covered with travel insurance which covers the financial defaults of travel supplies, the healthcare expenses as well as some other losses caused by travel.
Is It Necessary for Me to Get Travel Insurance?
It is widely acknowledged that the terrain in the United States is diverse and covers a large area. As a result, all the tourists there can enjoy the charming and magnificent scenery and may face health and safety risks. Getting travel insurance will help you get rid of some unnecessary troubles and provide you a safeguard for a perfect vacation. Some people may ask: “I am considering making my own travel arrangements instead of going to a travel agency. Need I get the travel insurance?” Well, the answer is yes too. Many insurance companies make their insurance policies properly suitable for people making their own travel arrangements. In addition, those policies cover the repaid and non-refundable travel arrangements.
Main Types of the Travel Insurance
For tourists, the various types of travel insurance are really confusing to choose. Different insurance companies will provide different plan types. But, in general, their insurance will include the following five basic types.
1. Trip Guard:This plan provides good protection for both international and domestic travelers when their trip costs are substantial. It reimburse the travelers’ non-reimburse travel costs if some emergencies including the airline strike, death and sickness happen during or before their trips.
2. Emergency Medical Evacuation: The insurance that covers the cost of a transporting an ill or injured person to the hospital can be sold separately, which is unlike the trip cancellation and baggage insurance. The price of the Emergency medical evacuation can be dear. However, it is popular among the tourists because of its sufficient coverage.
3. Annual Medical Insurance: Best designed for employees working abroad, individual expatriates and some other people who need annually renewable medical insurance, the insurance features higher maximum policy coverage levels, say $5million.
4. AD&D: Accidental death and dismemberment is the full name of AD&D. From the name, you can easily understand this type of insurance. During the trip, if an accident happens and results in death or the loss of a body part, the AD&D will play its proper role. However, the death or losses caused by the war or some terrorists’ attacks are excluded.
5. International Medical: This insurance is basic for international travelers. During your travel, the injury or some illness costs can be covered by this insurance, which is a good protection for your health.
Recommendable Travel Insurance Companies
1. Travel Guard: As a good travel insurance provider which has over 20 years of industry experience, the Travel Guard is specialized in offering the assistance and emergency travel service plans as well as various travel insurance.
2. International Medical Group: Featuring travel insurance, international medical insurance as well as some impeccable service to the travelers, the International Medical Group can be the best friends for those international travelers.
3. Seven Corers Inc: Various emergency travel service plans, travel insurance as well as the trip cancellation are available in this company. It was established in 1993 and located in North America.
Types of Travel Insurance in the United States
There’re several types of travel insurance available. They differ from the identity of the travelers and traveling styles. Below are listed four types of specific travel insurance.
Business travel insurance is specially tailored to meet the needs of business travelers. It will not only protect our personal safety and health, but also cover your personal items. Your company or you can purchase this insurance policy.
If you are a backpacking-lover and make backpacking trip regularly, backpacker travel insurance will be most suitable for you and offer great assistance if necessary.
Family travel insurance is an insurance policy which offers special protection to a whole family during the trip. Even when one of your family members makes a trip separately, he is covered by the policy.
Student travel insurance is greatly helpful to students who make trips. As students usually have a small budget, insurance companies offer many discounts.
When planning an oversea trip, most of you may not consider the possibility of getting ill or injured during your trip. However, injury and sickness can and do happen. When either injury or illness unfortunately happens to you, you will know the importance of medical coverage. Read more
When purchasing travel insurance, you may find that most policies include emergency medical & dental coverage. This coverage will be either primary or secondary, based on the plan. If you are looking to have medical coverage included in your travel insurance policy, it is important to look closely as to whether the coverage is primary or secondary. This is important because it determines which insurance company will be the first to pay benefits to you. Read more
You’ve purchased your flight ticket, booked your hotel reservation and just finished packing your bags for what is sure to be a wonderful vacation. But, very few of you would think about what if something unexpected goes wrong and you have to cancel your trip? What would you do with your airline tickets, accommodation reservation and other expenditure that have been made in advance? Read more
Is there any insurance that could cover your needs when you travel out of the United States? Such as medical costs, financial default of travel agencies, lost or stolen luggage, or any other emergencies that would get you strapped overseas. Yea, you may know the answer – travelers insurance! Of course, you don’t have to purchase all coverages since there is a wide range of coverage options available.
Generally, traveler insurance offer coverages for a wide range of incidents during your trip, no matter it is a domestic one or an international one. Common risks covered in a travel policy include medical expenses, trip cancellation/interruption, travel delays due to weather, lost, stolen or damaged luggage, and missed or delayed flight connection due to airline schedule.
The fact is that many of these travel insurance plans are applied to young healthy travelers. However, if you are a senior aged over 65 years old, it is better to purchase dedicated travel insurance from an insurer that provides products for senior individuals. Read more
Sometimes, a vacation can easily cost thousands of dollars. So, as a vacationer, you may choose to protect your investment with travel insurance – which gives you some peace of mind that you will be covered in case something unexpected and uncontrolled occurs while you are on vacation. Read more
There are many things to consider when you are planning a trip – what to pack, what to do and where to stay… No matter how flawlessly your trip is planed, however, you may come across a lot of unexpected, uncontrolled situations, such as:
• You break a leg or an arm on your trip
• You have an auto accident while aboard and need legal assistance Read more
Since we live in a world blessed with so much wonders and amazement, it seems to be necessary to go outside of the US and see what else exists in the outer indeed. Given the popularity of oversea travels, insurance companies develop a variety of traveler insurance plans to attract customers with diverse needs. Then many people may ask, “Do I need traveler insurance for my foreign trip?” Well, the answer deserves a good study.
For glass-half-full type of travelers, they may not give much thought to unforeseen losses and other things that could ruin their vacation when they travel overseas. They may even think traveler insurance is a waste of money. However, to the glass-half-empty, they are more likely to worry about unpredictable incidents or even accidents during the trip. They prefer purchasing traveler insurance for the peace of mind, and check the policies and terms carefully to ensure that everything is well covered.
• The real fact is – if you travel a lot or would like to travel to someplace less toured by many people, then a plan of travelers insurance seems to be a good idea for you and your loved ones. Read more
Frequent travelers especially those experienced ones know the importance of travel insurance. And the name of Travelers Insurance Company will not be something new to them. Established in 1864, Travelers Insurance Company has gone through mergers, spin-offs and acquisitions in the financial and insurance services industries. There are so many insurers in the United States, you may be wondering why I should choose Travelers Insurance Company. If you are confused about which one to choose for your upcoming holidays, you can trust the Travelers Insurance Company. Read more
In the past, most people would never give a thought to traveling overseas. However, things have changed a lot owing to the lower prices of flights, cruises and tours. With foreign travels getting increasingly popular, many insurance companies develop and promote travelers insurance primarily for overseas travelers.
Traveler insurance help you pay the expenses caused by losses or medical care that may interrupt your vacation with unfavorable experience. Just like you purchase insurance for your home or personal assets, traveler insurance protects you against pre-defined potential risks, such as travel delays or cancellation, lost or stolen luggage, medical expenses or flight delays. In general, travelers insurance mainly helps in three categories:
Trip or Flight Cancellation: Say that you have spent $2,500 in airline tickets but the flight is cancelled due to the bad weather. Of course, under this condition, the airline would not refund you. However, with traveler insurance, you can get this amount back in full from your insurance company. Read more
Many people agree that this is a small world with the modern transportation. Each year, millions of tourists travel abroad for further education, overseas vacations as well as business travel and many more. International travel insurance is designed for US citizens traveling abroad or some foreigners paying a visit to the United States. Various providers and policies will offer different international travel insurance policies which can be an effective way for travelers to safeguard against some unpredictable events and emergencies.
Some Benefits of International Travel Insurance
When we decide to purchase a type of insurance, we usually want to know the advantages of it or the benefits we can get from it. Read more
Travel health insurance can protect the travelers in the event of an injury or illness. Therefore, it is of much importance for people who go out for sightseeing or enjoying. For tourists who are considering traveling abroad, this kind of insurance is more essential. Health care treatment abroad is quite expensive. What is worse, many foreign countries do not accept US health insurance. Travelers who are not able to provide cash payment or valid travel health insurance will not get effective and timely treatment.
How Important the Travel Health Insurance Is?
You may be confused about the actual coverage of this type of insurance. Read more